Monuments & Places
Also known as Pitti Palace is a vast, mainly Renaissance palace on the south side of the River Arno, close to the Ponte Vecchio. Originally town resicence of Luca Pitti, later chief residence of the Medici family.
Is a park in mid-16th-garden style, directly behind the Palazzo Pitti, that is home to a collection of sculptures dating from the 16th through the 18th centuries.
Piazza della Signoria
An L-shaped square in front of Palazzo Vecchio. It is the main point of the origin and history of the Florentine Republic. Until now it could maintains its reputation as the political focus of the city.
This Florentine piazza was designed by architect Giuseppe Poggi and built in 1869 on a hill just south of the historic center. Piazzale Michelangelo was built as a terrace with a panoramic view of the city.
Is a town hall of Florence. It overlooks the Piazza della Signoria with its copy of Michelangelo’s David statue as well as the gallery of statues in the adjacent Loggia dei Lanzi.